- Why Lindemann?
We were having a leakage issue in our basement that was due to moisture in our chimney. The frigid Chicago weather has caused quite a havoc this winter. Lindemann was able to diagnose the problem and ... - Steve M. (Chicago, IL)
My experience with Lindemann was excellent. They came out and did what no one else could. Mine was a smoke issue. After having a fire the entire house would smell of smoke. I could have hung pork bell... - Frank F. (Mount Prospect, IL)
These guys are great! We had our chimney inspected/cleaned by Jim who was extremely knowledgeable and super nice! Definitely recommend these guys! And free wood with the chimney cleaning! Super! ... - Steve S. (Chicago, IL)
If you have a wood fireplace in your Chicago home, be thankful! It offers many advantages that you may have never considered. While it takes some upkeep and care, a wood fireplace also adds so much more to the home!
1. Warmth in the Winter – Winter can seem like it goes on forever and ever in the Midwest. While summer speeds by, the days of snow and freezing temperatures often drag. Cozy fires can add some heat to an otherwise cold and bleary day.
2. Less Expensive Heating Bills – Want to heat your home for less than what most people pay? Try using your wood fireplace more often! While few units can replace the standard furnace, many can help reduce your heating bill when used consistently and effectively
3. Added Ambiance – Romantic nights by a roaring fire are hard to beat. There is something about a real flame that adds ambiance to any ordinary night. A wood burning fireplace can set the mood while adding warmth to the home.
4. Increased Property Value – A wood fireplace can be a HUGE selling feature when you are looking to place your home on the market. Many buyers are seeking the comfort and look of the traditional wood fireplaces found in the many historical properties throughout the Chicago area. If your current unit is old and dated, update it with one of the many stylish wood fireplace inserts on the market today.
5. Heating Backup System when your Electricity goes Out – You never know when the electricity might go out. How do you stay warm during winter without your furnace? A wood-burning fireplace offers a great alternative that requires no electricity or generator to operate. Many enjoy the peace of mind of always having a backup system.
At Lindemann Chimney Service, we specialize in helping Chicago residents fall in love with their wood fireplace all over again. From yearly cleanings to upkeep and maintenance, we are a one-stop shop when it comes to your chimney flue needs. No job is too big or too small for our team of experts to handle. Contact our customer service to schedule your yearly chimney checkup.