We were having a leakage issue in our basement that was due to moisture in our chimney. The frigid Chicago weather has caused quite a havoc this winter. Lindemann was able to diagnose the problem and ... - Steve M. (Chicago, IL)
My experience with Lindemann was excellent. They came out and did what no one else could. Mine was a smoke issue. After having a fire the entire house would smell of smoke. I could have hung pork bell... - Frank F. (Mount Prospect, IL)
These guys are great! We had our chimney inspected/cleaned by Jim who was extremely knowledgeable and super nice! Definitely recommend these guys! And free wood with the chimney cleaning! Super! ... - Steve S. (Chicago, IL)
If you live in the Northshore of Chicago, a wood fireplace can be one of the most appreciated assets in the home. Who doesn’t enjoy a warm fire on a cold winter day?
Unfortunately, fireplaces also require regular chimney maintenance to function at optimal performance. While this isn’t time-consuming or expensive, it does require you to make the effort to reach out to experts that can help – like the team at Lindemann Chimney Service.
Why is chimney maintenance so important? Read on to learn more.
1. Excessive creosote buildup inside the flue is one of the leading causes of in-home fires. This is often the result of a poorly-maintained system. Maintain your unit properly and you greatly reduce your risk of a deadly chimney fire.
2. A thorough chimney sweep helps remove harmful creosote – a highly flammable byproduct of the burning process. A chimney cleaning should be completed yearly to help keep your flue clear of the excess buildup.
3. Inspections by a certified professional can help uncover minor problems before they turn into costly repairs. For example, minor chips in the flue masonry can be repaired before they turn into large cracks requiring major work.
4. Do you have animals inside the chimney? Are wasps suddenly appearing in your living space? These type of problems are easier to solve than you may think. Simply installing a quality chimney cap can help keep these annoying nuisances at bay.
5. Something as minor as faulty chimney flashing can lead to water leaks inside the home. Checking the flashing regularly will ensure you have a tight seal preventing water damage and even mold growth.
When it comes to the safety and performance of your Northshore home’s chimney, trust no one but the best. For homeowners in Chicago that expert professional is Lindemann Chimney Supply. Since 1969, we have been providing quality chimney cleanings, inspections and repairs to our neighbors throughout the bustling Northshore community.
Contact us today to schedule your chimney cleaning or repair.