We were having a leakage issue in our basement that was due to moisture in our chimney. The frigid Chicago weather has caused quite a havoc this winter. Lindemann was able to diagnose the problem and ... - Steve M. (Chicago, IL)
My experience with Lindemann was excellent. They came out and did what no one else could. Mine was a smoke issue. After having a fire the entire house would smell of smoke. I could have hung pork bell... - Frank F. (Mount Prospect, IL)
These guys are great! We had our chimney inspected/cleaned by Jim who was extremely knowledgeable and super nice! Definitely recommend these guys! And free wood with the chimney cleaning! Super! ... - Steve S. (Chicago, IL)
Many homeowners shy away from wood stoves because they have heard how ineffective they can be at heating the home. Why go through the work and struggle of starting a fire to achieve only mediocre results? What they fail to realize is that wood stoves can actually burn very efficiently when given the right circumstances. The placement of the stove, the type of wood you burn, the model of stove you have and your burning techniques all play a role in how efficient (or inefficient) your wood stove burns.
Here are five ways you can make your wood stove more efficient:
1. Using a newer model that is both certified and easy to use will give you the best chance for efficiency success.
2. Make sure your wood stove is sized appropriately for the amount of space you want to heat. The larger the square footage, the bigger the stove.
3. Burn only dry fire wood containing no more than 15-20% moisture. The wood should be split small enough so that several pieces can be placed into the unit at one time.
4. Installing the wood stove in an open space allows for greater flow of the heated air without having to burn a super hot fire.
5. It may seem simple but reading the stove’s operating manual will help you better use the unit to its full capacity. Make sure to note any maintenance requirements to ensure your stove is properly cared for on a regular basis.
At Lindemann Chimney Service we offer more than just chimney cleanings and inspections. We also install and service wood stoves. Whether you already have a unit at home or want to add one to your space, our expert technicians can help. We make it easy to book your service with online appointment scheduling.