- Why Lindemann?
- Chicagoland Area
- Milwaukee / SE Wisconsin Area
We were having a leakage issue in our basement that was due to moisture in our chimney. The frigid Chicago weather has caused quite a havoc this winter. Lindemann was able to diagnose the problem and ... - Steve M. (Chicago, IL)
My experience with Lindemann was excellent. They came out and did what no one else could. Mine was a smoke issue. After having a fire the entire house would smell of smoke. I could have hung pork bell... - Frank F. (Mount Prospect, IL)
These guys are great! We had our chimney inspected/cleaned by Jim who was extremely knowledgeable and super nice! Definitely recommend these guys! And free wood with the chimney cleaning! Super! ... - Steve S. (Chicago, IL)
When using the fireplace, homeowners want it to burn as efficiently as possible while also keeping the heat and electricity bills in between fires. While a fire can never be as effective at heating the home as a standard furnace, there are ways for you to utilize the fireplace to its highest capacity.
Here are five ways you can make a more efficient fire:
1. Building your fires right can help you enjoy a roaring fire for hours. Stacking wood in layers, also known as the log cabin method, is one of the best ways to arrange the wood for the best burn.
2. Using dry, seasoned hardwood can create a fire that not only burns cleaner but also produces a more efficient fire— keeping the space warmer.
3. Add a fireback to the back of your fireplace. Although this sheet of metal’s main purpose is to protect the firebox, it also helps reflect the heat back into the room.
4. Consider installing a fireplace insert for a considerably more efficient fire. They fit right into an existing masonry fireplace and greatly reduce the amount of heat lost through the flue.
5. It is important to also think of ways to make your unit more efficient when not in use. A tight-fitting damper can be installed to close the chimney top when you are not using the fireplace. This prevents heated or cooled air from escaping outside.
At Lindemann Chimney Service, we want you to get the most out of your fireplace. To keep our customer’s units running at peak efficiency, we offer quality chimney cleaning and inspections. For those looking to upgrade, we also install and service fireplace inserts. Next time one of our technicians are onsite, ask them how you can make your fireplace as efficient as possible.