- Why Lindemann?
- Chicagoland Area
- Milwaukee / SE Wisconsin Area
We were having a leakage issue in our basement that was due to moisture in our chimney. The frigid Chicago weather has caused quite a havoc this winter. Lindemann was able to diagnose the problem and ... - Steve M. (Chicago, IL)
My experience with Lindemann was excellent. They came out and did what no one else could. Mine was a smoke issue. After having a fire the entire house would smell of smoke. I could have hung pork bell... - Frank F. (Mount Prospect, IL)
These guys are great! We had our chimney inspected/cleaned by Jim who was extremely knowledgeable and super nice! Definitely recommend these guys! And free wood with the chimney cleaning! Super! ... - Steve S. (Chicago, IL)
Spring has finally arrived in the Midwest. Unfortunately, the warmer temperatures also bring along with them some pesky chimney troubles. While many of these ailments are minor, left unaddressed they can lead to larger problems and more costly repairs. Taking time to have them repaired by an experienced professional will keep your chimney (and wallet) in good health.
Here are some of the most common springtime chimney ailments:
Flashing Repairs – Keeping water from going into the roof, flashing is important to the overall health of your chimney. The flashing’s seal can deteriorate from harsh weather conditions allowing water to seep through. Left unaddressed, faulty flashing can lead to leaks in the roof and attic.
Clogged or Damaged Chimney Caps – High winds and fallen leaves can lead to clogged or damaged chimney caps. These caps are vital to keeping rain and debris from entering the chimney flue. Also a cap constructed of galvanized steel is prone to rust and will need to be replaced when its structure is compromised.
Burrowing Animals and Nests – Birds, squirrels, and other animals tend to find refuge from harsh winters in a chimney especially if it is unequipped with an adequate chimney cap. These pests and their nests can clog the chimney and their droppings can create a fire hazard.
Creosote Buildup – The fireplace is used most frequently in the winter months. Along with the heat it produces, naturally-occurring by-products like Creosote are created and begin to accumulate on the flue walls. When the layer becomes too thick, this blockage can lead to a dangerous chimney fire. To remove creosote, an annual chimney cleaning should be completed by a professional preferably in the spring or fall months.
If you are in a need a professional sweep to address your chimney ailments look no further than Lindemann Chimney Service. We have been providing customers in the area quality chimney services and repairs for over 40 years. Every one of our technicians is experienced in their trade and certified to work on your home.