- Why Lindemann?
- Chicagoland Area
- Milwaukee / SE Wisconsin Area
We were having a leakage issue in our basement that was due to moisture in our chimney. The frigid Chicago weather has caused quite a havoc this winter. Lindemann was able to diagnose the problem and ... - Steve M. (Chicago, IL)
My experience with Lindemann was excellent. They came out and did what no one else could. Mine was a smoke issue. After having a fire the entire house would smell of smoke. I could have hung pork bell... - Frank F. (Mount Prospect, IL)
These guys are great! We had our chimney inspected/cleaned by Jim who was extremely knowledgeable and super nice! Definitely recommend these guys! And free wood with the chimney cleaning! Super! ... - Steve S. (Chicago, IL)
Winter on the North Shore of Chicago can be brutal. At Lindemann Chimney Service we are thankful for your business and want your holidays to be the best ever! Holidays by the fireside bring home more than family and friends. They bring home memories of loved ones as well as treasured moments from the past. Celebrating this special time of the year creates a memory book of inspired dreams blended with a world of tranquility and peace. An essential part of creating future memories is securing a safe haven for holiday celebrations.
While classic, must-have stockings are hung by the chimney with care, make sure they aren’t close to the fireplace opening. A stocking doesn’t have to actually touch the fire to ignite. If the material gets hot enough it can spontaneously combust, creating a potentially deadly fire. Also maintain a safe distance for embellished baskets, greenery and other decorations.
Keeping children away from the fireplace or woodstove is the most important aspect of creating those perfect Christmas memories. Use fireplace screens or gates to keep them at a safe distance. Enticing objects like stockings and illuminated mantle decorations draw children like a magnet to a potentially dangerous situation. Young children have no concept of the potential for burns and accidents. Older children may be more responsible, but tripping on a rug in a rush to get the stockings could wind up with an unplanned emergency room visit and a lingering bad holiday memory.
Use common sense when using your fireplace or woodstove. Burning wrapping paper, Christmas trees or any kind of trash can send large embers up the flue, potentially igniting creosote and causing mini-explosions or resulting in a deadly chimney fire. Foreign materials can also cause rapid spikes in temperatures, leading to excessive heat transfer or damage to a glass door or other part of the system.
Creating a safe, holiday home sanctuary is an important part of making beautiful memories that last a lifetime. Following safety measures will keep those memories safe and happy. Check with your Chimney Professional for local code clearance requirements or consult the local fire department for these requirements as well as other holiday safety tips. Most importantly, enjoy these treasured moments with your loved ones as we wish you a Happy Holiday Season and a safe, prosperous new year.