- Why Lindemann?
- Chicagoland Area
- Milwaukee / SE Wisconsin Area
We were having a leakage issue in our basement that was due to moisture in our chimney. The frigid Chicago weather has caused quite a havoc this winter. Lindemann was able to diagnose the problem and ... - Steve M. (Chicago, IL)
My experience with Lindemann was excellent. They came out and did what no one else could. Mine was a smoke issue. After having a fire the entire house would smell of smoke. I could have hung pork bell... - Frank F. (Mount Prospect, IL)
These guys are great! We had our chimney inspected/cleaned by Jim who was extremely knowledgeable and super nice! Definitely recommend these guys! And free wood with the chimney cleaning! Super! ... - Steve S. (Chicago, IL)
A crackling, cozy fireplace provides a beautiful focal point for holiday entertaining. But just as the clean-up of dishes, vacuuming and sweeping comes after the guests leave, so does the clean-up of fireplace ashes.
Many fires are caused by improper disposal of ashes. People tend to think that the ashes will be cool by the next morning when in reality, it take up to 4 days or more for ashes too cool.
The best way to properly dispose of ashes is to put them in an ash bucket designed for this purpose. This type of bucket should have a double bottom and a tight fitting lid. When the ashes are placed in the bucket the lid should be secured tightly and taken to a destination with a non-combustible surface. Then they should be wetted with water to make sure they are out.
Here are some of the most common causes of fires in relation to improper ash disposal:
Always use common sense when disposing of ashes. Pretend they are still hot because there are likely some hot embers or coals in that pile of ashes.
Please follow these tips when dealing with your fireplace ashes this year and enjoy using your fireplace for those warm, cozy evenings with family and friends. For more information on your fireplace or to have your fireplace and chimney cleaned, please call us at 847-918-7994 or click here to contact us.