- Why Lindemann?
- Chicagoland Area
- Milwaukee / SE Wisconsin Area
We were having a leakage issue in our basement that was due to moisture in our chimney. The frigid Chicago weather has caused quite a havoc this winter. Lindemann was able to diagnose the problem and ... - Steve M. (Chicago, IL)
My experience with Lindemann was excellent. They came out and did what no one else could. Mine was a smoke issue. After having a fire the entire house would smell of smoke. I could have hung pork bell... - Frank F. (Mount Prospect, IL)
These guys are great! We had our chimney inspected/cleaned by Jim who was extremely knowledgeable and super nice! Definitely recommend these guys! And free wood with the chimney cleaning! Super! ... - Steve S. (Chicago, IL)
When the retail stores begin filling their aisles with candy canes, toys, and fake Christmas trees it can only mean one thing – winter is almost here. Rather than waiting until the busy holiday season starts take time now to prepare your fireplace for lots of cozy times around the hearth.
1. Stockpile dry, seasoned firewood – Dry, seasoned firewood is the best source for burning a clean, efficient fire. Wet, unseasoned wood creates more creosote and takes longer to heat.
2. Chimney Cleaning – It is recommended that a home’s chimney receives a thorough cleaning annually. If you have yet to complete one since last winter, there is no time better than now to get one scheduled. Contact a local chimney sweep such as Lindemann Chimney Service to help.
3. Install or Place Protective Barriers – Now is a great time to bring out the protective barriers to keep small children and pets away from the fireplace. Begin practicing fire safety with them so they are prepared when you want to begin using your unit. This rings true for both wood-burning fireplaces and gas units.
4. Inspect Fire Extinguishers – Every home, whether they have a fireplace or not, should have properly working fire extinguishers on hand. The best model to store in your home is an ABC type designed to offer protection from ordinary combustibles, flammable liquids, and electrical fires. A working fire extinguisher should be kept on each floor of the home.
5. Check Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Detectors – Your final step is to check all smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to ensure they are in proper working order. If needed, replace dead batteries. We suggest one of each on every floor of the home.
At Lindemann Chimney Service, we want to keep you and your family protected from dangerous house fires. This starts with offering services which keep your chimney and fireplace safe to use. We offer quality chimney cleanings and inspections to remove harmful and flammable buildup from the flue along with a number of other related services. Before you get busy this holiday season, contact us to help prepare your fireplace for the winter months.