We were having a leakage issue in our basement that was due to moisture in our chimney. The frigid Chicago weather has caused quite a havoc this winter. Lindemann was able to diagnose the problem and ... - Steve M. (Chicago, IL)
My experience with Lindemann was excellent. They came out and did what no one else could. Mine was a smoke issue. After having a fire the entire house would smell of smoke. I could have hung pork bell... - Frank F. (Mount Prospect, IL)
These guys are great! We had our chimney inspected/cleaned by Jim who was extremely knowledgeable and super nice! Definitely recommend these guys! And free wood with the chimney cleaning! Super! ... - Steve S. (Chicago, IL)
Spring is on the horizon, bringing warm breezes and green grass again. As the outside temperatures begin to rise, we begin to prepare our homes for the warmer weather, including closing our fireplaces until next fall. While everything outside feels fresh and new, your fireplace may be full of filthy soot. To be sure your fireplace is ready to use when the temperatures drop again, it’s important to give it a good cleaning before bidding farewell. Here are 5 reasons to add your fireplace or chimney to your spring-cleaning list:
(1) Prolong your chimney’s life. While wood burning fireplaces bring warmth and coziness to your home, the burning of the wood also creates a byproduct called creosote which can build up in your chimney. In the spring and summer months, there is more moisture in the air. When rain mixes with the acidic creosote in your chimney, it can cause the chimney brick to deteriorate. Removing the creosote when the burning season ends helps prolong the life of your chimney.
(2) Eliminate odors in your house. Creosote and ash accumulate in the firebox and chimney during fireplace season, and can cause unwanted odors. Removing those substances at the end of the season keeps your home smelling fresh.
(3) Convenient scheduling. When you need the services of a professional chimney sweep, it’s much easier to schedule an appointment in the spring than to wait until the fall when fireplace and chimney specialists are much busier.
(4) Finding problems sooner than later. A professional inspection and cleaning in the spring allows more time to address problems or potential hazards with your fireplace or chimney. The warmer months make it easier to do repairs, especially since masonry repairs can only be done when the air temperature is above freezing.
(5) It’s easier and less stressful to clean when the weather is warmer. Instead of waiting until the fall or winter, when the weather is colder and the days are shorter—and you want to use your fireplace immediately—plan ahead for a spring cleaning.
Although your fireplace will be on hiatus for a few months, it’s nice to know it’s clean and ready when you need it again. Call Lindemann Fireplace & Chimney today for an expert chimney clean and inspection.
With spring almost here now’s the time to inspection your chimney. When rainy season comes you don’t want your masonry leaking. Contact us today for an appointment.