- Why Lindemann?
We were having a leakage issue in our basement that was due to moisture in our chimney. The frigid Chicago weather has caused quite a havoc this winter. Lindemann was able to diagnose the problem and ... - Steve M. (Chicago, IL)
My experience with Lindemann was excellent. They came out and did what no one else could. Mine was a smoke issue. After having a fire the entire house would smell of smoke. I could have hung pork bell... - Frank F. (Mount Prospect, IL)
These guys are great! We had our chimney inspected/cleaned by Jim who was extremely knowledgeable and super nice! Definitely recommend these guys! And free wood with the chimney cleaning! Super! ... - Steve S. (Chicago, IL)
Carbon monoxide is often referred to as the silent killer and for good reason. Both odorless and colorless, this gas can cause sudden illness and death. The CDC estimates there are approximately 430 carbon-monoxide related deaths per year in the United States alone.
One common culprit of carbon monoxide poisoning inside the home is your chimney. This deadly gas is created as a byproduct of the combustion process. Therefore, if you have a fireplace, you must be especially aware of the best practices in carbon monoxide protection and how you can better protect yourself and your family.
Here are Lindemann Chimney Service’s best tips on how to protect yourself from carbon monoxide poisoning by your chimney:
For more information on carbon monoxide protection, visit the Center for Disease Control and Prevention website. This government agency is here to protect people and save lives. At Lindemann Chimney Service, we also value the safety of our customers. Helping keep your chimney and fireplace safe to use is our top priority!