- Why Lindemann?
- Chicagoland Area
- Milwaukee / SE Wisconsin Area
We were having a leakage issue in our basement that was due to moisture in our chimney. The frigid Chicago weather has caused quite a havoc this winter. Lindemann was able to diagnose the problem and ... - Steve M. (Chicago, IL)
My experience with Lindemann was excellent. They came out and did what no one else could. Mine was a smoke issue. After having a fire the entire house would smell of smoke. I could have hung pork bell... - Frank F. (Mount Prospect, IL)
These guys are great! We had our chimney inspected/cleaned by Jim who was extremely knowledgeable and super nice! Definitely recommend these guys! And free wood with the chimney cleaning! Super! ... - Steve S. (Chicago, IL)
At Lindemann Chimney Service in northern Chicago and southern Wisconsin, we diagnose many chimney problems. In fact, we have special training from the Chimney Safety Institute of America on inspecting and diagnosing chimney problems. Whether you smell smoke coming from the fireplace that’s not in use or perhaps the smoke seems to come from an area where there shouldn’t be smoke, we can help.
A common problem is when an upstairs fireplace is burning the fireplace on the lower level may smell of smoke. This has become more common with today’s homes that are more airtight than yester-years. What can happen is that the house is likely pulling air from the lower level fireplace into the home. When that fireplace isn’t in use there’s probably cold air felt around it. If the upstairs fireplace is in use then you will also get some smoke smell and maybe even some light smoke coming from the lower fireplace. We can fix this problem for you.
Another more serious condition is when a fireplace is being burned – say maybe downstairs – and in the upstairs bedroom the smell of smoke is sensed. This could be the result of a damaged flue and chimney where the smoke is migrating into the room. In this case we should look at it right away to diagnose where the smoke smell is coming from and what’s causing it.
Mike is video scanning a flue
When we inspect your chimney we use a specially made chimney camera to scan your flue for damage. We can pinpoint damage that normally wouldn’t be seen with just a flashlight and the human eye. When it comes to your home and your family, there’s no substitution for professional equipment and we take every situation seriously.
A hole in the flue caught with our video camera
If you, your friends or family are having these problems please contact us at 847-918-7994 or click here. All of our sweeps are certified by the Chimney Safety Institute of America.