- Why Lindemann?
- Chicagoland Area
- Milwaukee / SE Wisconsin Area
We were having a leakage issue in our basement that was due to moisture in our chimney. The frigid Chicago weather has caused quite a havoc this winter. Lindemann was able to diagnose the problem and ... - Steve M. (Chicago, IL)
My experience with Lindemann was excellent. They came out and did what no one else could. Mine was a smoke issue. After having a fire the entire house would smell of smoke. I could have hung pork bell... - Frank F. (Mount Prospect, IL)
These guys are great! We had our chimney inspected/cleaned by Jim who was extremely knowledgeable and super nice! Definitely recommend these guys! And free wood with the chimney cleaning! Super! ... - Steve S. (Chicago, IL)
Whether your family cherishes a purring kitten, a rambunctious puppy, or even a hopping rabbit, keeping them safe is often a top priority. We must consider all the dangers in the home to better protect them from harm including the fireplace. A fireplace’s heat and flames can be a threat to the health and well-being of any pet. That is why it is important to ensure we make our fireplaces as pet-friendly as we can for our furry friends.
Here are some tips on how to make the fireplace more pet-friendly:
1. If glass doors are installed, keep them closed as much as you can. Even a cooled hearth can mean disaster for a curious puppy—getting him full of leftover ash.
2. Utilize a gate. Whether you choose a beautiful wrought iron gate or a practical baby gate; using a physical separator between the fireplace and your pet is a great way to ensure safety even when you leave the room for a moment.
3. Watch where you store (and throw) pet toys. Toys should be kept a safe distance from the area so pets are tempted to chase them into harm’s way.
4. Although a pet bed can be your furry friend’s most favorite spot, keep its materials far away from the fire. Also, check the product’s tag for flammability.
5. Store fireplace tools carefully. These tools are often sharp-edged and can be hot from use. Put them away properly so they aren’t mistaken for a beloved chew toy.
If you need suggestions on how to make your fireplace pet-friendly for your furry loved one, ask one of Lindemann Chimney Service’s technicians next time they are servicing your home. Not only do we offer helpful tips on how to better protect your pets, we also provide the tools you need to better safeguard them. Ask us today how we can help!
Contact us for more information or to schedule an appointment.