- Why Lindemann?
We were having a leakage issue in our basement that was due to moisture in our chimney. The frigid Chicago weather has caused quite a havoc this winter. Lindemann was able to diagnose the problem and ... - Steve M. (Chicago, IL)
My experience with Lindemann was excellent. They came out and did what no one else could. Mine was a smoke issue. After having a fire the entire house would smell of smoke. I could have hung pork bell... - Frank F. (Mount Prospect, IL)
These guys are great! We had our chimney inspected/cleaned by Jim who was extremely knowledgeable and super nice! Definitely recommend these guys! And free wood with the chimney cleaning! Super! ... - Steve S. (Chicago, IL)
Why is it Important to Install a Chimney Liner?
Chimney liners serve as an extra layer between the inside of the chimney and the framing of your home. This provides another layer of protection as common defects can appear in the chimney. Defects, no matter how small, can begin a process that will further erode the chimney and can pose a threat to your family’s safety through the creation of health risks. Poisonous gases could potentially infiltrate the home.
More importantly, combustible creosote or soot can also escape through these openings and build up outside the chimney flue liner. If the creosote were to catch fire in this area of your chimney, serious damage can occur, because the fire can no longer be contained within the flue. Homes built prior to the 1940’s were typically built without a chimney liner. As a result, chimney and house fires were more common. Today, there are a few reasons why you may need a new liner: If your chimney has no liner, if it was installed improperly, or if it’s deteriorating or defective.
There are three main types of chimney liners. These include clay tile liners, cast-in-place liners, and metal liners. All three types provide adequate protection but which liner is appropriate for your home, should be determined by a professional. Lindemann Chimney Company can assist with this and ensure that your chimney liner installation or replacement goes smoothly.
Did you know that by installing a stainless steel liner inside your chimney, you are providing a “forever fix” with a lifetime warranty?
The Importance of Furnace Liners
Furnaces, boilers and hot water tanks exhaust large quantities of water vapor during the normal combustion process of natural gas. Oil and gas furnaces produce by-products which can literally eat away the flue lining. Any type of furnace liner that is breached can cause a fire, since heat can reach combustible parts of the home. Clay liner that have gaps or cracks, allow this moisture into the interior structure which eventually deteriorates the masonry structure from the inside out. Additionally, gases vented from gas burning appliances can escape the lining and migrate into the home.
Blockage in a furnace flue is extremely hazardous because it can cause carbon monoxide fumes to enter your home
One of the most common problems that can occur with chimneys is blockage, regardless of what type of furnace fuel is used.
A furnace flue inspection should be scheduled
-At least once per year
-Before moving into a new home
-Before the installation of a new furnace
Tax season is in full swing and millions of Americans are filing early to get their returns back before spring comes. One of the best uses of the money is through reinvesting back into one of your greatest assets, your home, and a trusted sweep professional can help. Consider using this extra ca...read more
When using the fireplace, homeowners want it to burn as efficiently as possible while also keeping the heat and electricity bills in between fires. While a fire can never be as effective at heating the home as a standard furnace, there are ways for you to utilize the fireplace to its highest capacit...read more
Many homeowners often forget how harmful water penetration can be to a chimney’s masonry work. In fact, except for stone, much of the materials the chimney is constructed of will experience accelerated deterioration with constant exposure to water. This prolonged contact not only leads to p...read more