- Why Lindemann?
- Chicagoland Area
- Milwaukee / SE Wisconsin Area
We were having a leakage issue in our basement that was due to moisture in our chimney. The frigid Chicago weather has caused quite a havoc this winter. Lindemann was able to diagnose the problem and ... - Steve M. (Chicago, IL)
My experience with Lindemann was excellent. They came out and did what no one else could. Mine was a smoke issue. After having a fire the entire house would smell of smoke. I could have hung pork bell... - Frank F. (Mount Prospect, IL)
These guys are great! We had our chimney inspected/cleaned by Jim who was extremely knowledgeable and super nice! Definitely recommend these guys! And free wood with the chimney cleaning! Super! ... - Steve S. (Chicago, IL)
At Lindemann Chimney Service we are concerned for your safety and well-being. Recently, in Manhattan Kansas, a smoldering log was removed from a fireplace and apparently was set down by a garage. The garage caught fire and the local fire department is blaming the smoldering log for igniting the garage. Yes, even logs that are smoking or smoldering can ignite nearby combustibles. And open or combustible ash containers can also lead to a fire. Ashes, coals and smoldering logs can all spark or ignite nearby wood, leaf piles, siding,and any other combustible it comes into contact with. The wind can whip up causing sparks to fly.
These are all situations within your control. Be proactive – remove and store ashes safely.
Posted by Karen Stickels Lamansky, Author of Design Ideas for Fireplaces, published by Creative Homeowner Press.
©2010 Lindemann Chimney Service