- Why Lindemann?
- Chicagoland Area
- Milwaukee / SE Wisconsin Area
We were having a leakage issue in our basement that was due to moisture in our chimney. The frigid Chicago weather has caused quite a havoc this winter. Lindemann was able to diagnose the problem and ... - Steve M. (Chicago, IL)
My experience with Lindemann was excellent. They came out and did what no one else could. Mine was a smoke issue. After having a fire the entire house would smell of smoke. I could have hung pork bell... - Frank F. (Mount Prospect, IL)
These guys are great! We had our chimney inspected/cleaned by Jim who was extremely knowledgeable and super nice! Definitely recommend these guys! And free wood with the chimney cleaning! Super! ... - Steve S. (Chicago, IL)
As the winter continues to drudge on along with it comes those terrifying news stories of house fires caused by a dirty chimney. Why does this happen and how can we prevent it? In this article, we will inform you of the reasons why a creosote-filled chimney leads to deadly fires and how you can keep your family safe from them.
When using your fireplace, by-products are created through the combustion process. These by-products include smoke, tar, unburned wood particles, etc. When this debris flies up into the cooler chimney condensation occurs creating a residue called creosote that sticks to the wall’s surfaces. Creosote is highly combustible and dangerous when left unaddressed. If it becomes too thick and internal flue temperatures get high enough, the result could be a fire within the chimney flue.
One of the best defenses to prevent a house fire from occuring in your home is by regularly having your chimney swept and cleaned by a professional. This process only takes about an hour to complete and can be done during any time of the year — even Winter. The technician will brush the creosote and other buildup from the walls while also inspecting the flue for any major defects.
If you can’t remember the last time you had your chimney swept now is the time to schedule one. At Lindemann Chimney Service, we specialize in offering our customers certified, thorough chimney sweeps. When using our sweep service, you will receive a level one inspection along with a video scan of your flue. We always do our best to make sure your unit is safe to use before we leave. If we can’t remedy all the problems at that time, our technician will inform you of the best next step. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.