- Why Lindemann?
- Chicagoland Area
- Milwaukee / SE Wisconsin Area
We were having a leakage issue in our basement that was due to moisture in our chimney. The frigid Chicago weather has caused quite a havoc this winter. Lindemann was able to diagnose the problem and ... - Steve M. (Chicago, IL)
My experience with Lindemann was excellent. They came out and did what no one else could. Mine was a smoke issue. After having a fire the entire house would smell of smoke. I could have hung pork bell... - Frank F. (Mount Prospect, IL)
These guys are great! We had our chimney inspected/cleaned by Jim who was extremely knowledgeable and super nice! Definitely recommend these guys! And free wood with the chimney cleaning! Super! ... - Steve S. (Chicago, IL)
This is our busy season here in Northern Chicago. We are busy inspecting and cleaning chimneys as people prepare for winter. You may wonder why it’s so important to have this done. It’s because your chimney exhausts toxic flue gasses and the byproducts of combustion out of your home.
All chimneys are subject to extreme conditions. Inside there are warm to hot flue gasses traveling to the top. They have toxic gasses including carbon monoxide and may have the-byproducts of burning wood in the form of soot particles that build up and form layers of creosote. Often there is moisture in the mix. It can be a corrosive mix and over time it can attack the inside of the flue and the mortar joints.
Meanwhile, on the outside of your chimney, the temperatures may be completely different. Out there it might be freezing, icy, snowy, sleeting, raining, or a mix of weather conditions. In heavy industrial areas there may even be a mix with acid rain.
Combine the intense conditions inside and outside the flue/chimney all going on at the same time and it adds up to a potentially damaging situation. The good news is that damage can be prevented, repaired or minimized in almost all cases. This is why it’s so important to have your chimney inspected annually and cleaned if necessary. We provide a comprehensive inspection with video scanning technology, clean the flue and will provide any recommendations to you to repair or prevent damage.
For more information please call us at 847-918-7994 or click here to contact us.