We were having a leakage issue in our basement that was due to moisture in our chimney. The frigid Chicago weather has caused quite a havoc this winter. Lindemann was able to diagnose the problem and ... - Steve M. (Chicago, IL)
My experience with Lindemann was excellent. They came out and did what no one else could. Mine was a smoke issue. After having a fire the entire house would smell of smoke. I could have hung pork bell... - Frank F. (Mount Prospect, IL)
These guys are great! We had our chimney inspected/cleaned by Jim who was extremely knowledgeable and super nice! Definitely recommend these guys! And free wood with the chimney cleaning! Super! ... - Steve S. (Chicago, IL)
It seems like the snow keeps falling but soon the rainy spring season will be here! There are many ways rainwater can damage your home from clogged gutters to chimney cracks. And what’s worse is that water troubles are hard to detect. They can go unnoticed for months, even years, before you realize the damage they have caused!
Before the rainy season hits take time now to make sure your chimney is in peak performance. This may include a chimney inspection, chimney repair or just some much-needed TLC!
Heavy rains plus a damaged chimney can be a recipe for disaster. Here are some reasons why:
• Heavy rainfall can enter through damage or missing flashing
• Water can cause a deteriorating masonry chimney to crack or spall
• A chimney cap that doesn’t fit properly can allow water to enter the flue
• Schedule a yearly chimney inspection and cleaning
• Hire a certified professional to complete any chimney repair in need of attention
• Make sure you have a well-fitting chimney cap installed
• Check your chimney flashing and crown regularly
• Coat the exposed areas of the chimney crown with a waterproof sealant
Before the rainy season arrives schedule your brick chimney repair and inspection. The best partner for the job is a local, licensed professional. For those in the Northshore of Chicago that trusted partner is Lindemann Chimney Supply. We offer chimney services all year long from January through December. Let us help you get your brick chimney in peak performance before spring is here! Contact us today to schedule.